JANUARY: monthly meeting Jan. 12th, 6:30 pm in the golf course clubhouse
FEBRUARY: monthly meeting Feb. 9th, 6:30 pm in the golf course clubhouse
MARCH: monthly meeting March 9th, 6:30 pm in the golf course clubhouse
APRIL: monthly meeting April 13th, 6:30 pm in the golf course clubhouse
April 15, 9 am to noon: Grant Park Beach Community Clean Up, partnering with the St. Francis/South Milwaukee Health Dept. Meet at the main beach parking lot.
April 29, 9 am to 11:30 am: WeedOut! Garlic Mustard eradication. Meet at the parking lot near the tennis courts.
MAY: monthly meeting May 11th, 6:30 pm, in the golf course clubhouse.
May 6, 13, & 20, 9 am to 11:30 am: WeedOut! Garlic Mustard eradication. Locations yet to be determined.
- May 7th, 8:30 – 10:30am: Suburban Soles, “Friends with Feathers.” Area 5A shelter.
- May 21st, 10am – Noon: Suburban Soles, “Know your IQ. No, your WQ,” with water quality focus by Milwaukee Riverkeeper. Oak Creek below the mill pond dam.
JUNE: monthly meeting June 8th, 6:30 pm, in area 5A picnic shelter.
June 1st, 4pm – 7pm: FOGP Plant sale at the SM Downtown Farmers Market.
- June 4th, 10am – Noon: Suburban Soles, “Wonders of Wil-o-Way.” Wil-o-Way center gardens.
- June 18th, Evening 8pm – 9:30pm: Suburban Soles, “Going Batty.” Area 5 parking lot.
- June 28th through July 9th: Grant Park Traveling Beer Garden, Area 5A pavilion. M-F, 5pm to 9pm; Sat., Sun. & Holidays 11am to 9 pm
JULY: monthly meeting July 13th, 6:30 pm, in area 5A picnic shelter.
- July 2nd, 10am – Noon: Suburban Soles, “Using Senses to make Sense of Beauty”. Beach Parking Lot.
- July 16th, 10am – Noon: Suburban Soles, “Native /Non-native Plants of Grant Park.” Area 5.
- July 30th: Suburban Soles, to be announced.
July 23rd, 10 am – 2 pm: Friends of Grant Park Art Fair, Area 5A picnic shelter.
AUGUST: monthly meeting Aug. 10th, 6:30 pm, in area 5A picnic shelter.
Aug. 3rd, 5:30 to 9 pm: South Milwaukee Community Night Out; located in the garage of the South Milwaukee Police department. Stop by our Friends of Grant Park table and say hello!
- Aug. 13th, Afternoon 1 – 2 pm: Suburban Soles, “Dragons of Grant Park.” Mill Pond.
- Aug. 27th, 10am – Noon: Suburban Soles, “Tremendous Love for Trees.” Area 5.
- Aug. 26th, at dusk (time yet to be determined): Beach Walk. In conjuction with Friends of the Mill Pond and Oak Creek Watercouse, Inc. and Ferches.
SEPTEMBER: monthly meeting Sept. 14th, 6:30 pm, in area 5A picnic shelter.
- Sept. 9th, 10am – 3 pm: Open Doors South Milwaukee, Wulff Lodge. Use Will-O-Way Grant entrance, follow signs to Wulff Lodge.
- Sept. 10th: Suburban Soles, Cancelled.
- Sept. 24th, 10am – Noon: Suburban Soles, “A Fungus Among Us.” Area 5 parking lot.
- Sept. 16th, 9am to noon: Grant Park 7 Bridges ravine Beach Clean up, Partnering with Alliance for the Great Lakes. Meet at area 5 parking lot.
OCTOBER: monthly meeting Oct. 12th, 6:30 pm, in the golf course clubhouse.
Oct. 7, 14, 21 & 28, 9am to 11am: WeedOut! Locations vary. Check fogp.org website beforehand for specific locations.
Oct. 8th, 1 to 4pm: Trek ‘n Treat, Area 5 parking lot and brown pavilion
NOVEMBER: monthly meeting Nov. 9th, 6:30 pm in the golf course clubhouse. Board member election will be held.
DECEMBER: Monthly meeting in the Golf Course Clubhouse, Dec. 14th, 6:30 pm
*List of this season’s guided nature walk facilitators and specific locations posted elsewhere on website.