The entrance roads into Grant Park are open. Restrooms are closed. The golf course is open; call to book a tee time, (414) 762-4646. Parks has canceled park rentals, and special events and organized sports activities.
“The health and safety of our community and staff members are our highest priority,” Parks Executive Director Guy Smith said. “We want to remind people that Parks remain a healthy support in this situation. People may practice social distancing and healthy habits while enjoying their parks, and the department will do our best to keep outdoor park facilities accessible to the public during this challenging time.”
Current Opening Status, Updated Sept. 14, 2020
- Milwaukee County Parks – open, most amenities use at your own risk
- Oak Leaf Trail – open
- Forked Aster Hiking Trails – open
- Golf Courses – open for modified play, tee times available
- Disc Golf Courses – open
- Dog Parks – open (except Bay View – closed to establish turf growth)
- Playgrounds – open, use at your own risk
- Public Restrooms – closed
- Community Centers – closed
- Beaches – most open, no lifeguards, use at your own risk, swim hazard risk report
NOTE: McKinley Beach Closed to Swimming for the rest of the 2020 Season
- Sports facilities – tennis courts open
- Picnic Rentals – Purchase a picnic permit online! For groups of up to 100, Saturdays & Sundays only. at Grant, Brown Deer, Lincoln, Washington & Greenfield Parks. Get Details!
(NOTE: Rentals at other locations remain canceled until at least September 30) Please contact Public Services 414-257-8005
- Outdoor Wedding Ceremony Permits – available in select locations
- Outdoor Photography Permits – available in select locations
- Outdoor Fitness Class Permits – available in select locations
For more information from Milwaukee County, please continue to monitor updates online: https://county.milwaukee.gov/EN/COVID-19. We are also providing updates on the Parks Nextdoor website and on social media.